City of Memphis Mayor AC Wharton, Jr. and Shelby County Mayor Mark H. Luttrell, Jr. have partnered with Pathway...
ULI Memphis - Infrastructure 2012: Spotlight on LeadershipRegister by phone:
Online registration for this event is closed, but you may still be able to register. Please call 800-321-5011 for more information.
Event Start Date:07/12/2012 3:30 pmEvent End Date:07/12/2012 5:30 pm
The University of Memphis - Fogelman Executive Conference Center
Address:330 Innovation Drive
Memphis, TN , UNITED STATES (map)
ULI Memphis, in partnership with the Greater Memphis Chamber, invites you to Infrastructure 2012: Spotlight on Leadership - Dialogue with the MidSouth featuring Guest Speaker Maureen McAvey, EVP-Initiatives Group at ULI.
About Our Program
Infrastructure 2012: Spotlight on Leadership reviews ULI's 6th annual infrastructure report that explores infrastructure investment and trends from both national and global perspectives, and provides key insights on the future of infrastructure planning and funding including:
* Case studies illustrating new technology, regional cooperation, and state efforts moving infrastructure projects forward.
* Predictions on how the retreat of federal money and increasing tolls and fees will affect infrastructure spending and revenues.
* Broad analysis of emerging approaches to infrastructure funding/financing at the federal, state, regional, and local levels,
* Recommendations on how to make infrastructure projects happen despite constrained fiscal environments.
Dialogue with the MidSouth: Participate in our discussion focused on regional infrastructure topics including:* MidSouth Aerotropolis Initiative update with Dexter Muller, Greater Memphis Chamber
* DeSoto County I-269 Corridor planning activities with Ted Garrod, DeSoto County Planning Commission
* Shelby County I-269 Corridor planning activities with Pragati Srivastava, Memphis MPO
* Mississippi River "3rd Bridge" planning with James Collins, Kimley-Horn & Associates
* Harahan Bridge "Main Street to Main Street" Project
About Our Guest Speaker (download speaker bio in .pdf format)
Maureen McAvey is the Executive Vice President of Initiatives Group for the Urban Land Institute (ULI) in Washington, DC where she leads a group which focuses on Infrastructure, Energy and Climate Change. McAvey previously was ULI/Klingbeil Family Chair for Urban Development at ULI and a Member of the Board of Trustees, Urban Land Institute, 1995-2001, during which time she chaired the Regionalism Forum for two years, exploring issues of smart growth, multi-jurisdictional boundaries and planning efforts, and shared revenue/fiscal disparities alternatives.
McAvey has over 30 years of experience in real estate development, consulting, and the creation of public/private financial structures including roles as Director, Business Development, for Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRIT); Director of Development for the City of St. Louis and also Executive Director of the St. Louis Development Corporation. She holds two master's degrees: one from the University of Minnesota, and one from the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
For more information, email Memphis@uli.org